Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sprouting Pumpkins

It's finally here... my absolute favorite time of year- Fall! Well if you want to be all technical, it's actually not here until tomorrow at 11:09 p.m. But it is full-blown fall as far as I'm concerned. I've been in heaven with these cool 60 degree temperatures the past few weeks. In all my excitement I had Jesse take out the ugly window air conditioner and banish it to the basement for its winter hibernation. And then of course, this whole week is forecast to be in the mid-80s... We are going to bake.



Fall decorations are slowly starting to sprout up at our place. I had just a few fake pumpkins that I scattered in a couple places. I plan to go out tomorrow and load up on the real stuff. :)

Here's a couple photos from The Newlywed Diaries that I'm loving right now. They're from a fall issue of Martha Stewart Living:





I would love to do this on my dining room table. Pile it full of gourds and pumpkins with a few deer antlers thrown in. And I've got plenty of deer antlers already! It would look great with my new burlap table runner, which you'll see later. I got it from Pottery Barn with the gift card I won earlier. :)

Fall is also the time of year when I wish I had a nice formal front entrance to our house. So I could do this:



Just. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment