Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Bedroom, Pre-Bed



This is our bedroom. (Excuse the horrible lighting; it's a basement bedroom which makes it extremely hard to photograph.) But it's missing one important detail: a bed. Sure, there's a box spring, a mattress, and pillows galore, but no headboard, no footboard... nothing. And while we sleep perfectly fine just the way it is, there's something about snuggling up to drywall every night that just doesn't do it for me.

That's where this baby comes in:



For my birthday (which was yesterday) my dad built me this awesome bed! I helped him design it, and just three days later it was ready to come home. Do I have the greatest dad or what?! Pictures are on the way, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Looks very nice! Is that a lavender topiary on that table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, what a wonderful(and clever) father you have there!!
    Looking forward to seeing your room once it's all done.

    We had no bedhead or end, for the first 33 years of our marriage. Now we finally have something in white that I just love! I also use it and the furniture that matches, as backdrops for photographing our etsy items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris- yes, but it's actually artificial! I found it at T.J.Maxx last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, it looks fantastic! And i love the way the bed looks all put together too.

    ReplyDelete